Friday, February 29, 2008

Restaurant Review: Malmaison

Although I usually try to avoid restaurant situated in hotels, there are exceptions!

I went to Malmaison last week for a lunch and it's Smithfields best guarded secret: tucked away in a courtyard there's an address with delicate food, ideal for business lunches. Extensive wine card too. I had monkfish sliced very thinly, nice and firm over an tasty risotto. The oxcheek was apparently delicious too and the Savigny les Beaunes 2005 was a good choice.

Club Gascon is still my first choice in the neighboorhood, but as it's overbooked I am sure I'll come back to Malmaison!

Malmaison, Charterhouse Square, EC1M 6AH
020 7012 3700


http://www.malmaison.com


Toptable review: toptable.co.uk/venues/restaurants/?id=1957

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: