Thursday, February 14, 2013

DAY FIVE with American Airlines: w're merging with US Air, talk to the hand!

OK, it's now DAY 5 since I've started my complaint about AA losing my booking.  It's now clear that someone in their reservations department made a mistake by not calling me, I suspect not emailing me and probably not trying to take the payment from my credit card company as confirmed by BarclayCard.

Yes, their so called "customer relations" doesn't want to be involved in investigating the matter further because they're not "equipped." A feeble excuse and a poor way to treat their customers.

It's clear now that not only they don't have a single view of the customer, that their reservations and payment processing systems are not quite state of the art, and that more worryingly they don't have a "voice of the customer" office. No wonder they went bust.

Here's their latest letter (below), you can judge for yourself.

February 13, 2013

Dear *****

Thank you again for contacting us, and I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you by being passed on, from department to department.

I also understand your frustration, however as I had advised you in my previous response, Customer Relations is only equipped to handle and work to resolve a variety of past travel issues and we are not equipped with the systems required to handle or resolve future reservations issues hence we recommend that you contact our Reservations Team for immediate assistance. Our Agents have complete access to the most current schedule and fare information, and are much better equipped to provide assistance for any issues relating to impending / future travel.

They will be more equipped to assist you, and I do apologize that this has not been the case in the past. Again, as we only deal with past dated travel through Customer Relations, I am afraid I am unable to assist you further.

M** **, I apologize again for this inconvenience and I do hope you will find a quick resolution to your booking.

Sincerely,

Olivia Kacisolomone
Customer Relations
American Airlines
AA Ref#1-809646144

For security purposes and to protect privacy, our process does not allow for replies to this message. If we can assist you further, please let us know by clicking http://www.aa.com/customerrelations.

Previous post in the saga:

No comments: